GSoC 2018 - Batteries Included!

Much time has passed and much code has been written since my last update. Adaptive Streaming (a better name TBD) for Ardupilot is nearly complete and brings a whole slew of features useful for streaming video from cameras on robots to laptops, phones, and tablets: Automatic quality selection based on…

GSoC 2018 - New Beginnings

I'm really excited to say that I'll be working with Ardupilot for the better part of the next two months! Although this is the second time I'm making a foray into Open Source Development, the project at hand this time is quite different from what I had worked on in…

GSoC Report - Wrapping up GSoC 2016

That’s it. After a combined total of 217 git commits, 6,202 lines of code added, and 4,167 lines of code deleted, GSoC 2016 is finally over. These twelve weeks of programming have been a very enriching experience for me and making this project has taught me a…

GSoC Update: Tinkering with KIO

I'm a lot closer to finishing the project now. Thanks to some great support from my GSoC mentor, my project has turned out better than what I had written about in my proposal! Working together, we've made a lot of changes to the project. For starters, we've changed the name…

GSoC Update(?): Writing a KIO slave 101!

This project has been going well. Though it was expectedly difficult in the beginning, I feel like I am on the other side of the learning curve now. I will probably make a proper update post sometime later this month. My repo for this project can be found here: https:…

GSoC Update 1: The Beginning

I have officially started my GSoC project under the mentorship of Boudhayan Gupta and Pinak Ahuja. The project idea's implementation has undergone some changes from what I proposed. While the essence of the project is the same, it will now no longer be dependent on Baloo and xattr. Instead, it…

It has happened - GSoC 2016 Selection!

Wow! I have been selected for the Google Summer of Code! For the better part of the summer vacation, I will now be committing myself to write code for KDE to implement my project idea of implementing a virtual folder in Dolphin to make it easier to select files. As…